UC – California Naturalist Certification Course – Registration Closed
June 1 @ 8:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm| $225
March 31, 2017 – Sorry, but class registration is now full.
Do you enjoy
- Exploring and learning about our local ecology?
- Engaging in citizen science?
- Sharing your knowledge with others?
This is the program for you!
The Mission of the CA Naturalist Program is to foster a diverse community of naturalists and promote stewardship of California’s natural resources through education and service.
Thursdays June 1, 8, 15, and 22 from 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Fridays June 2, 9, 16, and 23 from 8 AM – 4 PM
Meeting Place: Classroom at Calaveras Big Trees State Park
Course Fee: $225 Students must purchase The California Naturalist Handbook (2013, UC Press) and bring a field notebook. Registration is limited. Please expect the commitment of a collegiate level class, including reading and required projects in addition to weekly class meetings. A limited number of need-based, partial scholarships will be available.
- Participate in this 40 hour course that combines UC science curriculum with guest lecturers, field trips and project – based learning to explore the fascinating natural history of the central Sierra Nevada.
- UC California Naturalist Certification awarded upon completion of course requirements.
- Opportunities for volunteering and advanced learning across the state with participating organizations.
- Opportunity to receive UC academic credit
- Lifetime membership in a dedicated statewide network of naturalists
- Participate in this 40 hour course that combines UC science curriculum with guest lecturers, field trips and project – based learning the explore the fascinating natural history of the central Sierra Nevada.
Scholarship application deadline: April 1, 2017
Attendance Policy: Participants must attend all classes. One class session may be missed with prior approval of instructor.
Refund Policy: Full refunds, minus a $50 processing fee, permitted until May 1. No refunds will be issued for any reason after May 1.
Click Here to download flyer
Click Here to Purchase Book
Click Here to download syllabus
Click Here to download Things To Do Before The First Class
Click Here to visit iNaturalist.org and to download their App