SOLD OUT – Haunted Hotel Homicide Mystery Dinner
September 7, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm| $75
Haunted Hotel Homicide
You are invited to attend a Murder Mystery Dinner Party
A Fundraising Event for the Benefit of Calaveras Big Trees Association
Scene of the Crime: The Dorrington Hotel
Date: Friday September 7 or Saturday September 8, 2018
Time: 5:30pm—cocktails followed by dinner and dessert
Dress: Your finest 1920’s Apparel
Only 32 seats per night are available
Sorry – Friday and Saturday Night Dinner is Sold Out
(See Below for Hotel Reservations)
- Dinner includes Welcome Champagne Cocktail, Appetizers, Salad, Chicken Kiev, Garlic Bread and Cherry Cobbler with Ice Cream. Wine will be served throughout the meal.
- Also includes the Murder Mystery Event. You will receive the mystery story line and additional information regarding preparing for the event once you purchase your ticket.
- Tickets for the “Ain’t Life Grand” raffle will be sold both nights and the drawing for all raffle prizes will be held on Saturday, September 8th. (Cash and checks accepted)
Many thanks to our Sponsors who have been so generous in making this event possible:
Dorrington Hotel Ironstone Vineyards Rodney and Teresa Spence
AMAZING ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITY – Stay overnight at this historic Hotel
Rooms: $150 each
Only 5 rooms available each night
Please purchase rooms separate from dinner tickets
Only 1 room available for Friday night. Please call office 209-795-1196 if interested.
There are only five rooms available each night for the small price of $150 per room. (two people per room – Shared bathroom)
- Includes Welcome Basket in room on arrival
- Also Includes breakfast of yogurt, muffins and fruit; coffee and tea
- Check in is at 4 pm; Check out is at noon
Don’t Miss Out!!
(Note: All proceeds from dinners and rooms will go to Calaveras Big Trees Association for the benefit of Calaveras Big Trees State Park. Thank you to the wonderful people at the Dorrington Hotel.)
October 21, 1912
It’s been three years since Rebecca Dorrington’s mysterious death. Rebecca’s widower, John Gardner decided to sell the Dorrington Hotel shortly after her death., to insatiable art fanatic and eccentric millionaire Baily Burnes, a longtime family friend. Bailey is hosting a soiree in honor of the anniversary of the hotel’s reopening one year ago and you are cordially invited to attend.
Rebecca’s aura has been sensed throughout the hotel since the reopening as she is distraught that the hotel has been sold. There have also been reports of ill-spirited apparitions, steamy pockets of strange mist causing feelings of dread, sudden drops of temperature and terrifying voices that echo in the corridors during the wee hours. Other than that, the old hotel is once again becoming the place to be in beautiful downtown Dorrington. The infamous Quinn Bloom is on the VIP guest list and will bring a rare doll collection to the hotel—but don’t let the dolls bother you—the dreadful rumors about them may not even be true.
Rebecca believes that she is the only “one” to wander the corridors of the Dorrington Hotel, but is she really? You wouldn’t want to miss this party for the world!