2022 California Naturalist-Waitlist only
January 1 @ 8:00 am - April 15 @ 5:00 pm
Sorry, the class is sold out. If you are still interested, please click on the button below and fill out the waitlist form. Thanks for all the interest.
Class Limited to 24.
Do you enjoy
- Exploring and learning about our local ecology?
- Engaging in citizen science?
- Sharing your knowledge with others?
This is the program for you!
The Mission of the CA Naturalist Program is to foster a diverse community of naturalists and promote stewardship of California’s natural resources through education and service.
Thursdays June 2, 9, 16 & 23 from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Fridays June 3, 10, 17 & 24 from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Meeting Place: Classroom at Calaveras Big Trees State Park
Course Fee: $310 Students must purchase The California Naturalist Handbook (2013, UC Press) and bring a field notebook. Registration is limited. Please expect the commitment of a collegiate level class, including reading and required projects in addition to weekly class meetings. A limited number of need-based, partial scholarships will be available.
- Participate in this 40 hour course that combines UC science curriculum with guest lecturers, field trips and project – based learning to explore the fascinating natural history of the central Sierra Nevada.
- UC California Naturalist Certification awarded upon completion of course requirements.
- Opportunities for volunteering and advanced learning across the state with participating organizations.
- Opportunity to receive UC academic credit
- Lifetime membership in a dedicated statewide network of naturalists
- Participate in this 40 hour course that combines UC science curriculum with guest lecturers, field trips and project – based learning the explore the fascinating natural history of the central Sierra Nevada.
Scholarship application deadline: April 1, 2022
Covid-19 Policy: Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required. Please email proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to CBTA, PO Box 1196, Arnold CA 95223. You may bring in your proof of vaccination to the CBTA office Tuesday-Thursday as well.
Attendance Policy: Participants must attend all classes. One class session may be missed with prior approval of instructor.
Refund Policy: Full refunds, minus a $50 processing fee, permitted until May 1. No refunds will be issued for any reason after May 1.
Click Here to Purchase Book