Come look at the stars! Docents will be sharing information and telling stories as everyone gazes at the night sky. Two telescopes and astronomical binoculars will give you a closer look at the moon, planets and deep sky objects.
We’re excited to launch the newly purchased webcam for one of the telescopes, so images can be shown on a 40” monitor in real time. No more standing in line to look through the big telescope!
Meet us at the Scenic Overlook in the park, just a few miles past the Visitor Center. This is one of the best night sky viewing areas in the region. Bring a chair or blanket to sit on.
The Astronomy program at the park is run entirely by docent volunteers with significant investment by the Calaveras Big Trees Association.
This is the first Astronomy Night of this year, but we have array of other dates:
- July 5 – 8:30 p.m. start time
- July 6 – 8:30 p.m. start time (Night Sky presented by Doc Nancy)
- July 12 – 8:30 p.m. start time
- August 9 – 8:00 p.m. start time
- August 23 – 8:30 p.m. start time
- September 13 – 7:30 p.m. start time
- October 11 – 7:00 p.m. start time
- October 31 – (Wednesday, Halloween) – 7:00 p.m. start time
Please join us!
Please call 209-795-7980 with any questions.